Thread: Mini Challenge #5 - Ideas thread

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mini Challenge #5 - Ideas thread

Armored Core is done! Now, while we wait for the results for mini#4, what do you think would be a nice challenge for the next mini?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #1

Knight:
    Clericon: 1
    Since we create human style characters all the time, how about mythical creature mini contest or animal contest? I wouldn't mind an environment contest maybe an environment for our next mini comp for halloween???

Good luck those who entered mini#4.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #2

I think Halloween was the idea people were kicking around last time...but other than that:

-Vegetable Launcher
    -Mini Pro Wrestler (like that game on NES...the one with the electric ropes)
    -chibi Horror Movie Icon (Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, etc.)
    -Zombie Looney Toons
    -Impossible Creature (much like in "Impossible Creatures" by Relic, combine 2 animals into 1 entity....LIGER!)

Gav
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #3

Disney character?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #4

Knight: 5
    Scribe:
    I thought Fred already locked down Halloween for #5.

I know I was looking forward to "Monster Mash"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #5

Knight:
    Clericon: 6
    Just seeing if a better idea comes up. You never know:inocent:
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #6

Knight: 5
    Scribe:
    I guess, you are right Fred.

Zombie Looney Toons

great one Gavin, could be very funny, but a bit limited, maybe zombie cartoon charters, open it up more so we don't have 50 taz
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #7

Yesterday, in the street I saw a little cleaning vehicule, I found it cute. There is a lot of possibilities, with cleaning material (past and futur). If it don"t care to make another vehicule.
    Ortherwise, a garden Dwarf. It's a good mixe between character and environment
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #8

I agree with sinz, whatever we do I would like it to be some sort of creature. Here is an idea: how about we make creature versions of everyday items. kinda like off of the Flintstones were they had an animal doing the job an object would, only we make a weird creature that would do that job. just an idea.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #9

Impossible Creature sounds like it could be fun but since its nearly halloween thats the obvious choice
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #10

hmm... well, seeing as how halloween is at the end of this month, I think a monster mash would be very fitting indeed.

But, maybe here's an idea for #6; a weapons compo?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #11

Mini Pro Wrestler FTW
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #12

I would go with the mini pro wrestler or a Monster mashup, both sound pretty good
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #13

Knight:
    Clericon: 1
    Environment & character for halloween!!

I didn't even look at the date it's already the 16th I don't know if we could squeeze in an environment/scene & character before the 31st, Holiday challenge!?!

New Idea:
    Holiday challenges we should vote for a rule to double up the fun, scene's and character? Like an atmosphere for the character you create on Halloween would be a crypt, cemetery, front porch... ect???

I am aware these "mini-comps" are supposed to be quick and fun though we can't grow faster creating just characters , but the scene is optional with specs if you choose to create it?

Other examples:
    Valentines, cutsie shit, bedroom FTW "ooOoo..La..La..", just throwing out ideas as they come.

Shoot'm down if you want, no biggie.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #14

So it seems like everyone is in a bit of an agreement with the Halloween idea. The holiday themes in general is a tradition that Fred seemed to be interested in cultivating here at GA..so lets stick with that.

Personally, I think we should go back to something creature-like-we just did a vehicle comp, after all. How about movie monsters? Or virtual Jack-o-lanterns, where everyone makes their own 'pumpkins'? Those might make some cool avatars, I think

edit: actually, I really like that jackolantern idea... a virtual punpkin carving contest! it's not quite your normal 'halloween' themed monster comp, and could lead to some really nice results....
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #15

Quote Originally Posted by sinz View Post
    I am aware these "mini-comps" are supposed to be quick and fun though we can't grow faster creating just characters , but the scene is optional with specs if you choose to create it?
    true, environment work is important...it just never seems to gain the support of people in the actual contests themselves. Perhaps once GA has built up a bit more we could do more combo things like this...it sounds like it'd be pretty cool.

Of course, the options always there for people who want to go 'above and beyond' ...you know?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #16

I like the monster character idea

I like the Movie monster idea:thumb:

As for environment and other challenges how about start a challenge of your own in the forums I don't think fred would mind. Never know it might stir somethings up.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #17

Knight:
    Clericon: 6
    The pumpkin idea sounds really cool, however, we were wondering if making an avatar comp would be even better. To get in the spirit of the season, it would be great if GA had some scary looking avatars to decorate GameArtisans with. Basically, the theme would be, make a scary avatar... that's it. You can submit a large image for your final, but somewhere in that large image, you should have your 100w x 140h sized avatar pic. Additionally, it would be nice if you actually temporarily replaced your avatar with your halloween one

What do you think?

For christmas, we will have another avatar comp... but a different theme of course. Same for easter etc
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #18

Avatar idea sounds really cool! As long as scary is somewhere in the theme, all is good for me:thumb:
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #19

Adventure game iten/artifact....
    loved the ideas so far....
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #20