Challenge Opened. Read rules - here. Content, links and translations are currently being updated and will be finalized this week... Good Luck to all!

Thread: Underworld Viktor head bust (the vampire leader)

Underworld Viktor head bust (the vampire leader)

Hey everyone, been a while since I posted last time.
    anyhow, here are some wips! Please let me know how the likeliness is coming along.
    I personally think there's still a little something lacking... slowly figuring that out currently :P

here's the ref -

the hair is just a place holder, I'm thinking to bring this into maya and render it afterwards, so probably going to be doing some nurb hair ...

there's no templates used, just trying to get the likeliness through endless tweaking and looking at multiple references. It's a good practice for accuracy I thought....

c&c are very much welcomed!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #1

:thumb: Almost perfect likeliness i would say, brilliant.

But in that refrence picture you have posted he seems to have a crease line running up his forehead not sure if this is because of his expression in the picture or a natural crease, Something to look into.

GL
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #2

Dang dude, pretty nice. I love these celebrity sculpts people do. And underworld too. And the best character in underworld!

I think you totally hit a good likeness. Good stuff man.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #3

thnx guys!

@ g0zzie - actually you're right about that. In most of the other refs that I found, he didn't have that crease, but mainly because of lighting I would say. I think I'll put a hint of it into the sculpting. I saw a few video clips where they morphed the displacment or normal maps when animating facial expressions. totally cool... might attempt to do that :lucky:

@big John - thanks man! long time no talk how've you been? I just checked out your thread you're improving reallllly fast man haha. I'll be doing a bit of adjustments tonight again, then i'll do the detail pass and the costume he's in. the idea is to make a portrait, so I can focus on the face expressions and what not :thumb:
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #4

Nice work Only thing i can notice is that he seem's maybe 10 years older on your sculpt than in ref.

Will you come for the entire body or only bust?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #5

more updates

did some detail over the weekend...

@draad - thnx! I agree with you, but after doing a bit of researching.. I've come to a conclusion that the make up effects in movies makes a huge differencce . I found a lot of his pictures, and they actually look much much older than he does in the movie :P
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #6

more updates~

did another pass on the pores, (didn't like the first pass...) and added neck wrinkles and pores. ready to move on to the coat! there's are some visible stripes in the chin, I didn't realize they were stamped in along with the pores alpha .. so I'd have to go back and fix that, but so far I'm satisfied with the results!

i like the last render better : / shows off the detail more
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #7

looks pretty nice, great likeness,
    do you have some other refs for us, would be easier to crit something
    Ive the feeling his face is too big compare to his overall head skull, not sure.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #8

some more wips, FINALLY

all right so here's some more lol after 15 gajillion years...

@ jocz, thnx for the crits buddy, I'll have to take sometime to put together a reference image for you. will probably do that tomorrow so you can get a better idea.

over all, it's been a loong while since I last updated and I meant to NOT do this .. but things happened and I got caught up and the regular excuses lol, but anyways I will try and finish this before DW V :thumb: (probably not gonna happen lol)

annnyhowwwwww c&c welcome! ref images would be up tmr, hopefully!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #9

That came out real good. I can definitely recognize him really well. Good job on that. It's looking awesome in general.

As for crits... I think you could probably do more to add some asymmetry to the face. Some medium-size forms that will only exist on one part of the face. Doing a quick image-search I found this:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ll_Nighy_2.JPG
    You can definitely see some skin-folds and whatnot that are only on one side of the face.

Other than that, and it's just minor, but I don't like the matcap you're using in that last shot. Or is that not zBrush? Kinda looks like a maya render actually. Are you planning on doing a full character with this?

Anyways, good stuff man :mugs:
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #10

blah

thanks BigJohn, I'm going back to sculpt expressions on layers for the face heh :inocent: so there will be more asymmetry happening soon!

here's a recent image of WIP for the coat .. (taking me forever, I know ... too much work gets in the way .. )

let's hope I keep posting within the next few weeks
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #11

It's coming out great, dude!

I'll be looking forward to new updates.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #12