Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-DomWar V - Concept Art

Sketches orthographic front view

A minimalist front views, later commented entries very little time left to finish.

luck to all!
    [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #641

Knight: 4
    Finally got around to showing my first draft. I'm going for a relatively low tech look with a "shadow" and a "warlord". I'm probably going to change one of the warlords hands to be holding a flaming torch and the other to a more distinct weapon, perhaps moving the standard stabbing into the beast to the right while making the flag flow to the left behind the characters, probably a nice deep red.

Comicon 2016 Entry - Squirrel Girl the Dullahan
    Comicon 2015 Entry - Power Girl x Phyla-Vell
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #642

Knight:
    Scribe:
    A quick update. Sorry no time for crits. Just wanted to show how far I am with my work.

Name:  pre-dwv_Final03.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  94.1 KB
    My Comicon'15 Entry: NIGHTBLADE (Nightcrawler/Warblade)
    http://www.gameartisans.org/forums/t...-2D-Nightblade
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #643

hi all
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #644

Knight: 2 27
    Scribe:
    Here is my final post.

Now have time to comment yours.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #645

Knight:
    Scribe:
    Theres a lot of entries here and I dont think I can share my thoughts thoroughly.

Walrus - I really do like your style man. And starting off with the blue pencils, very traditional and cool.
    marat-ars - Excellent as always :P youre really good with your mechanical designs, and she's looking pretty sexy hahaha!
    CAH_Popo - Very cool design, The jelly-fish concept is pretty unique, though they would be quite fragile......well, not quite but really fragile on land. Maybe you could come up with some kinda braces or something to be attached outside or inside the body? to make him more solid.
    2wenty - Thats uber sexy. I'm going to cry in my corner after I finish typing...
    CAH_Jack Nice compesition! great work man!

Aghh too many nice entries!! no time...... You all are very inspiring! extremely awesome and I cant believe I'm posting this stupid update below! Looks like its a Renaissance painting!
    Was bored and playing around with ideas...maybe colours and lighting and compesition. I want something simple. with a strong sense of lighting that will make both characters awesome and readeble.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #646

Color layout. On to the details
    Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #647

Ok here's an update on the final image. I FINALLY got my war general in the scene, took some demons to conquer but I think it's working right now. I'll need the tweak with the values as well, the technomage still isn't feeling like she's in the background so much as she's just small lol :P. I also extended the canvas. Things were getting a little claustrophobic. Everyone's final images are starting to come along and look awesome!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #648

Knight:
    Scribe:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wenty View Post
    the technomage still isn't feeling like she's in the background so much as she's just small lol
    Awesome update! For the Technomage, I guess you could change her lightsource. I think both of them are having the same lighting effects and its confusing the atmospheric depth. Try it out
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #649

Knight:
    Scribe: 5
    Hi, all! Hope your weekends are progressing productively! I've been making color tests - something that I can easily do for days, if given the luxury. Bummer that's not the case this time! So post and let me know which ones you like... but chances are, unless you do it quickly, I'll have already picked one and moved on. Tomorrow's my last big day to paint and get the bulk of the work done on this thing!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #650

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Hi, all! Hope your weekends are progressing productively! I've been making color tests - something that I can easily do for days, if given the luxury. Bummer that's not the case this time! So post and let me know which ones you like... but chances are, unless you do it quickly, I'll have already picked one and moved on. Tomorrow's my last big day to paint and get the bulk of the work done on this thing!
    Walrus i really like number 6. Very contrasting for me and beautiful lighting on the armor. Nice progress man.:thumb:
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #651

Walrus-gonna say 1 or 6. The colors in the cape for the technomage seem very rich in those too me, which sell it above the others.

marat-ars-I was your work some pages ago, really ace stuff. Love your work, just saw your mario today as well :thumb:

2twenty really enjoy the yellow on lavender play of colors for the technomage, definitely my favorite part of your piece. I think I wish she was bigger because she seems like she is closer, but is so much smaller than the other character. Keep it up!

mukhtar-Like all of your sketches so far, Nice movement on the last color study. The left figure even though is very rough has a very defined sense of movement. I bet you can make it!

WhiteGuardian-Hello! as always, some kind of orgy of colors going on, good luck and congrats!

Acap-Alas indeed! I will doodle around, but in all reality cannot give this the time it deserves. Totally on for the war though. I can pick your work out without seeing your name, you draw mechanically in a very distinct manner. Keep developing that, as you improve! Congrats, good luck with 3d as well.

Exorc15t-Good to see you as well! I hope you went with #1, that was also my favorite. Nice colors, very rich!

woooo-lots of people. Keep at it everyone, you got the time, and are way closer than I will ever be! I'm routing for all of you!

For the sake of practice, I doodled around a bit, and will keep on it cause its so fun to paint again (had a long absence from art in general, which is soul sucking bad) and I just want to enjoy getting my sea-legs back so to speak!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #652

@Sapphire thank u man. good characters you have made:thumb: LF for more.

@Kuch Vasta Looking really good! Interesting design! Love it! Keep it up!

@Mukhtar Hey friend! Glad to see u in this challenge. And great start! Like u choice too. KIU

@Saxihim Oh, so creepy. I like u color palette. Cant wait to see u final pic.:thumb:

@ACap Very detailed pic. Unique style for me. characters are a bit lost in the background. Maybe this is temporary and you'll come up with something in the final GL!

@miycko Great line art, man! Love u charecter design also. I will follow:thumb:

@Nether Whoa. Sweet! Like the camera angle and accurate painting. Really good! :thumb: LF

@Laxman Nice sketch! I feel the power on this. Strong characters:thumb:

@WhiteGuardian Haha man! I'm sorry that it happened with a list of participants. Yes, I forgot to add u to the Globe. But it's correctable. And congrats with the good work! GL!

@2wenty Like the background palette. So hot! hehe. Looking for more

@Ksan Thanks a lot! Like u start man! very nice sketch!:thumb: Follow!

@FredH sounds like thanks for feedback man!

@Alice Welcome to GA! Nice sketches so far. I will follow

@Exorcist both characters design looks nice. but I would have revised the composition. Now it looks a bit fractional for me. Maybe I'm wrong! Keep up the good work! And thanks for u comments.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #653

Knight:
    Wizard:

Layout Linework

Heres my latest. Still reworking the designs as I go.
    Name:  WreckProgress1.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  122.8 KB
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #654

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckonning View Post
    Heres my latest. Still reworking the designs as I go.
    Attachment 36927
    Awesome! Cant wait to see it on the color. :thumb: Love it
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #655

Walrus - I'd probably pick num 1 or 6, and the neutral warm lights on no 2 is great too, but blue surely gave it more spice

Wreckonning - oh shhhzz, that's terrificly cool

Mukhtar - nice sketches, and nice colors too, i still feel you can bring them closer or more intense in the composition, your sketches are very potential, and maybe more weapons design

Alexjh - the warlord seems like he can use more space, and don't forget their feet, keep up the good work

White Guardian - heeeey, great to see your finished piece, good work man!

Laxman
    - nice color choice!

Kuch Vasta - your work remind me to something, but can't remember, on to the details!

Acap - good luck too!

marat-ars - can't wait to see your composition, you really set the bar on the event man, and thanks for the globe!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #656

Knight:
    Scribe: 5
    Thank you for the comments on colors. I myself was actually most taken by 2 and 4... There wasn't enough value contrast in #6 for me. But then my wife suggested that all of the colors were on the mellow side and didn't quite convey a big battle, and she got really into a much brighter red version that I'd tested and discarded. But at her prompting, I dug it back up and worked on some more variations. The red is certainly more dramatic than the previous post... I can't decide if I like it because it's so dramatic, or whether it's just too unsubtle. The more subdued palettes have less energy but also show off the characters better. Thoughts?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #657

wow the work You have all done is fantastic! This extra weekend helped a lot for You guys I thought I won't make it on time but maybe I will still finish my piece till deadline with two extra days. This is what I've got so far. It's not as good as the work everyone had shown here, but at least I want to finish it.

Good luck everyone

P.S. Walrus - 9 looks really good :thumb:
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #658

Knight:
    Scribe:
    @Walrus From your previous color versions I preferred the green one, but out of these latest versions I'd definitely go with number 9. Good color contrast there which really brings out the clash between the two characters.

@Wreckonning Very cool lineart. The corrupted is looking very badass in the front all the while the shadow is looming ominously in the back. Good composition.

@2wenty That's one manly viking warlord you got there. Looks very low tech compared to the technomage in the background. Loving the colors and texture on the whole painting. I think the perspective issue with the mage is related to contrast values. Things further away tend to have lower contrast.

@Mukhtar Your shadow sketches look awesome. I especially like the last of the first three, but I think the combination you made from 1 and 2 works really well also. Definitely better than either one of the two individually. Oh, and so what if your sketch looks like a renaissance painting. I'd take that to be good thing.

@Laxman Even your vaguely defined color sketch is looking great. Can't wait to see what the actual thing will look like.

@Alexjh Looking good for a first draft. Now quick, finish up so we can have another fine competition piece for our time. Not too many lowtech pieces out there and this looks to me like it works.
    My Comicon'15 Entry: NIGHTBLADE (Nightcrawler/Warblade)
    http://www.gameartisans.org/forums/t...-2D-Nightblade
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #659

a little bit 11th hour for me. but i decided to get an entry in. here's a preliminary sketch of something i had in mind
    Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #660