Challenge Opened. Read rules - here. Content, links and translations are currently being updated and will be finalized this week... Good Luck to all!

Thread: Pre-DomWar V - Concept Art

Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast
    Great work everyone. Seriously some really dope stuff is coming out and I'm stoked. It def makes me realize I need to step up my game.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is what I got so far. I am going to finish the lighting, and add in the technical patterns I got for the Technomage. Also, I will be blurring his arm that's right underneed the General, to show that it's swinging, just need to finish everything else.

Ahhh, I haven't done something like this in awhile, and I realize that I def need to hit back to the books, especially when it comes to material rendering and more importantly, having a cohesive, finished image. Well, gotta take baby steps though. I'm gonna take a break for right now and do some studies on some surfaces and photos. SDLBFSDLKFL!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #681

A lot of good work people! Is it just me or has this place leveled up since last DW?

Thanks for the comments. Heres my War General sketch, and a quick composition sketch - which I just realized is more or less identical to that of Walrus haha.
    Back to the drawing board.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #682

walrus: 9 - I like that she has her own colours.

Gintonio: Awesome art and it looks pretty finished to me... Go go go!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #683

Gah, I felt like I've disappeared for days! So much to do!! I hope I can finish it. You guys are rocking so far! ;D I gotta go sleep now! Work tomorrow. =w=;;

Here's my work in progress.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #684

Knight:
    Wizard:
    Shanku - Love the layout.. only hope you have time to finish it!

Amethyst - Sorry, I ended up going with a different layout. Still, I tried to not make their colors identical.

Anyhow, here's where I am: Painted the entire new background. The "ground" is based on hardened lava, I've added lava fields and clouds in the background, and of course the smoke from the characters' steampunk gear. I'm mostly done with the War General, and just now going through and detailing his armor with cuts and dents. What I really should be working on is a spell effect for the TechnoMage: She needs one, and the lighting was designed to have a big bright orange something-or-other coming from her hand...! But at least the light at the end of the tunnel is visible!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #685

@cpt lee - Looking real good
    @Mukhtar - silhuette looks good dude
    @messiddt - nice progress
    @Ksan - Good start
    @balasa - seet! waiting to see your progress
    @U-TURN - Looking Great dude
    @spearmsn247 - nice progress
    @Genius Malignus - Really dig the war general concept
    @Shanku - that is nuts man, looking great, can't wait to see it in color
    @walrus - WOW! Looking AWESOME!!

My current progress. Sorry i cant reply to everyone's entries atm

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #686

Came back after the weekedn thinkin oh, missed the deadline, schoolboy error on my part, forgot to take it home with me at the weekend :|

Anyways Everyones is looking awesome great progress, and some new kinda finished pieces I haven't seen the wip's of!

Keep up the good work!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #687

Just wanted to uplaod my WIP. Changed the characters around a bit and went for a more illustrative narrative. Really trying to work on my perspective and compositional skills. Not sure If I will get this done in time but regardless I hope to have a good portfolio piece.
    Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #688

feedback

Shanku__NICE progress, i need to see the colors, go go!!
    Balasa__i cant wait to see it finished.
    Ksan__nice composition, I think you have to bring the corrupted character to be 90% in Stage.:think:
    Warlus__Wonderful render with a lot of contrats, This makes it very cumbersome. i think with some cold back light , it would be perfect!!:lucky: Congrats you have good Characters.
    Cptlee__Beutiful concept:thumb:
    Weckonning__i love the composition view.
    Ca_popo__Amazing Characters,...colors!!, ...and scene composition!!:thumb:
    Nightblue__Tnks 4 your feedback, mate, you have a dinamic composition, i like so much the colors, i cant wait to see it finished.
    Richardwestman__for me THE BEST.
    tipagnaphic__Brillant!! cool style with personality.:lol: i love the little cat!!
    WaltOaks__nice composition.:thumb:
    Elr__i love the composition scene, lights and characters.
    Desnew__very cool scene, i love the scene.
    Rod.windt__Nice composition gogo!!

GO GO MATES!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #689

Here's my next update. Decided to go with a much different feel than my previous work-in-progress. I just felt there was too much red/yellow ambiance and it was starting to eliminate a lot of the work I put into the characters, the corrupted especially. Also the background was looking a bit sloppy.
    So now I have them facing off in much more remote location, standing at the mouth of a cave. I wanted a more sinister feel again, more stormy, so I changed the colors in the background to match that kind of atmosphere.
    Added more flames to the corrupted which helped make them feel more part of him. With that in place, the picture needed more intense rim-lighting.
    I fixed his lower right arm and prevented it from bleeding into the detail of the body. Also added subtle amounts of hair strands and texture similar to a pig. I think I have enough time to get the rest of things I want done, it's getting so close! Been such a great challenge!
    Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #690

and here's the update.. still have a bit of work to do
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #691

do we post our finals here?
    or is there other thread for the finished works?

thanks
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #692

Question

Hey guys! Can any GA senior member confirm the current Mini Challenge deadline and the DW V Challenge in general status? I'm confused, 'cuz I just found, that the recent events resulted Dominance War V official page being closed.

Do we still have to rush till the december 8th 11.59pm?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #693

blocked in some rough colours and started painting on the faces. Lots to do and no time left!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #694

Guys... something's happening to Dominance War that I think you should have a look at:

http://www.polycount.com/2010/12/05/...war-v-caution/
    http://www.gameartisans.org/forums/s...21&postcount=1

also have a look at http://www.dominancewar.com/index_hold.html
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #695

Knight:
    Wizard:
    Walt-Oaks - I like your layout, but the characters and the background all blend together because they're the same value. Do the "squint test:: Squint at the image and see what pops out for you. For me, the effects stand out and the characters and background all run together. You could still lighten the sky and environment and that could help - it doesn't have to be daytime, but even a bit lighter could help. Alternately - or additionally - you can try really pumping up the rim lights. You've got some there from the electricity and fire, but it could be doing more for you to help the characters read. Good luck!

Cakeypigdog - the faces are looking great! :thumb:

Android009 - Looking good more fleshed out! The female especially is a little hard to read against all of the noise in the background... maybe you can knock that back a bit once you're done with the faces?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #696

So many great art here!! ^.^
    marat-ars thank youuuu!!! And you know that I love your work
    cpt lee I like the rendering and colors.
    walrus killing me! <33 the metal is beautifully rendered too
    Wreckonning I love the whole work so much! Cant wait to see it finished.
    Mukhtar I love your concepts so far...
    desnew composition and colors are so yummy!

And this is another concept for the Technomage
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #697

Latex

Quote Originally Posted by AliceA View Post
    So many great art here!! ^.^
    marat-ars thank youuuu!!! And you know that I love your work
    cpt lee I like the rendering and colors.
    walrus killing me! <33 the metal is beautifully rendered too
    Wreckonning I love the whole work so much! Cant wait to see it finished.
    Mukhtar I love your concepts so far...
    desnew composition and colors are so yummy!

And this is another concept for the Technomage
    Hahahah Alice, i see u still have fetish for latex, hehe, sweet. Good luck with your stuff.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #698

Hello everybody, good progress I saw here. And not very good news about cautions from other communities. As for me, here I submit my final and I do not care how GA community will use it. I will even say - I will be happy if my artwork will give GA some profit. The more - the better.
    Dominance war 4 entries changed my lifestyle. After this contest I began to develop as artist and it really makes me feel good. Every day I can find something new, and GA provides great help for me. So I want to say Great thanks to FredH and all GA community. My life really became richer after I became GA member.

And now returning to our entries!

AliceA - Cool technomage, hope you will be able to complete in time. Good luck!
    Shanku - Man, your work really looks good. Good luck!
    cakeypigdog - Very interesting, funny design. Love it. Cheers!
    android009 - That what I spoke about! Background really changes all. Do not forget to make it pale in the far. Good luck!
    Walt_Oaks - Cool work, man. Love your details. Good luck.
    Walrus - Man, your last shot really looks awesome. I did not found force enough to work over my details so hard. But I am quickly learning. Next time it will be a bit better). Good luck!
    spearman247 - It really looks better, but I would create new layer at the very bottom and fill it with some neutral color, grey, for example. After that I would go on. Keep it up man!
    Wreckonning - Thank you, you are right. It was a lot of advices before - to change my detalisation level. But my hand is still make what it like. Well, I am working over it. Now, when I draw - I am constantly thinking about where to put big details, and where - small, to make picture more natural. Thank you! You are really skilled artist, good luck!
    marat-ars - Thank you. I think I will not change anythink. Now I see these problems and it is good, because week before I did not. My skill is growing with every sketch and your advice make it grow really faster. Thank you. Good luck!
    Ksan - Thank you. My 3D studies comes to a point, when I have a lack of expirience. I need urgent level up in that field. I will not be able to complete my 3D entry in time, but I've promised myself that will do that later. Now I am digging into different tutorials to grab as much skill as I can). Good luck.

Sorry, no time to post to everybody.
    Here is my final. Some small, subtle update. Now it is time to go and fight my weaknesses. Good luck to everybody. It was really cool WAR!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #699

Here is where I am going for my final. Hope I have the time to refine it tomorrow :-)
    Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #700