This is mostly organizational stuff.
1) Move "Technical Talk" up into the Main Forums area.
2) I don't really see much point in having a separate ZBrush Sculpting forum,especially since it doesn't see a lot of action. Personally, I think that it and the WIP Game Art forums could be safely consolidate. If you want to keep it though, I would rename it "WIP Digital Sculpting" to make it more ubiquitous since ZBrush isn't the only sculpting app.
3) Move the Mini Challenges to the Art Competitions section, and make subsections: 3D Mini Challenges, 2D Mini Challenges. This will help keep them from floating around in the WIP Game Art area.
3) The current DWV forums contain all of the Comicon WIP threads. I say let each contest or challenge have its own thread, don't make them share. For posterity sake if nothing else. I would even go so far as to make separate forums for every iteration of every challenge:
Comicon Challenge 2009
Comicon Challenge 2010
Dominance War 4
Dominance War 5
4) An email notification service that lets folks know when a job is posted that matches their portfolio/profile. Some websites call it a "job agent."
This is a webpage I found on a Google search one day, but I'm not sure how to navigate to it from the GA home page. I like this page a lot because it's a nice at-a-glance way to see the latest jobs on GA. I'm sure you've got a link to it somewhere, so I'd just suggest making it more obvious.