Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dominance War V - 3D - p_777 – Demon Goddess

Dominance War V - 3D - p_777 – Demon Goddess

I want to make a demonic female god, something like Kerrigan, or the desire demon from dragon age. Not sure how demonic to take the design, so ill start of building up some good human anatomy and work from there.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #1

Just been working on getting the basic anatomy down. Once I add the arms, I’ll start giving it some more demonic/godlike features.
    Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #2

hi, looks good so far, i would shorten the neck a bit.

keep it up!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #3

-cxyda: Thanks, its important for me to get the proportions right.

Been working on coming up with an interesting design, the image on the left was my first attempt, but I decided to go in a different direction (on the right).
    Thinking of adding some metal armour, but I don’t want it too bulky, as I still want wings.
    Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #4

I like the way your current design is going. I'd definitely keep the armor minimal, as she already has some interesting organic shapes integrated so she doesn't need much of it. I think it'd be cool to have some sort of hair with the horns as well.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #5

maybe some truncated plate armour?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #6

Looking sharp! Literally and figuratively speaking.

I like the design elements you've got going so far. I agree with Rion about having some sort of hair, though. Or something akin to hair, at least. As it stands, the head is a bit bare... But then again, we're pretty early into the game. You've probably thought of that already.

I think you're thinking along the right lines in adding some armor. I agree that you wouldn't want to bulk this model up too much. I think the lithe and slender physique adds to the overall charm of it. However, maybe it's just me, but I almost feel like the arms might be a tad too skinny. I'm not sure. Maybe I'm just seeing things.

Anyways, looks great! Keep it up.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #7

Thanks guys, I’ll definitely add something to the head, although I want to stay away from human-like hair, maybe spines or something..

I haven’t done a great deal of work on it, but I added the wings and sorted out some other bits I was unhappy with, but I'm still kinda stuck for what to do with the legs.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #8

Nice progress one crit though (maybe on a personnal note), you could push her feminity a bit. Narrow the waist (and even the chest actually) and give her some muscles on the bottom, thighs and calves.
    Clean sculpt though, good work ! :thumb:
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #9

I think that a head full of long quills would look cool with what you have and be good for the silhouette. You could repeat these shapes on the forearms and ankles too if you liked the look
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #10

great concept and modelling
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #11

An update on how the texturing is going.
    I still feel like something is missing from the design, the lower body feels kinda bare.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #12

Nice job on the texturing! You should definitely add some detailing to the lower half... perhaps some more exoskeletal elements and scaly/spiny - ness. I also agree with Abrvpt about narrowing the waist a bit, should make a nice difference.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #13

Hey Paul, this is looking nice, but yeah a little bare on details atm. Look at more insect elements to add in? Something like spider, flies, or anything body like that like centipedes and what not could help push the design.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #14

Clericon: 3
    Scribe: 2
    Wow, this the first time I am seeing this but it looks pretty solid. Man, you and this fella have practically the exact same character:

http://www.gameartisans.org/forums/s...t=19623&page=4

I would actually start adding some elements to break her up within ur design and to differentiate yours from his. Armor would definitely be cool and you can add more demonic elements along with it. good luck!
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    My Portfolio
    Artstation
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #15

Cool! It's awesome to see someone doing something similar to myself. This sculpt by SlipGateCentral really helped me when I was designing my character. Take a look and maybe it will help ya out with figuring something out to do with those legs. Hes got some really helpful techniques.

*Edit*

Heres the link: http://vimeo.com/8736101
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #16

Knight:
    The progress is excellent, congratulations.

Dominance War V - 3D - Ahdat Malek - God of Chaos
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #17

look great like the details I'm glad you went with the wings on this one
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #18

Knight:
    Clericon: 1
    Whoa very demonish, here's an idea make her lower half slightly sooty from walking/crawling around or brushing off of mountain sides cause they are dirty after all.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #19

Thanks for the comments guys, I changed some areas, added more detail.
    I'm probably gonna have to call this my final, wish I could give the texturing a bit more work. I'll hopefully get a chance to improve the backgrounds, but I wont be able to do any more modelling/texturing. Was fun though!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #20