Thread: Dominance War V - 2D - Valandil - Godess of Bird

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dominance War V - 2D - Valandil - Godess of Bird

Hey!
    I'm new here. This is my first dominance war, and i'd like, it would be fine, if you could help me. Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #1

Knight:
    Wizard:
    Nice sketch so far, and interesting pose. I wouldn't have known that she was a goddess of birds if you hadn't titles your entry that. Can you think of other ways to tie her together with birds more? Good luck! :thumb:
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #2

Today...
    about half hour.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #3

Interesting idea, keep going
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #4

Good luck!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #5

That is a lovely sketch. I like your idea. Please remember, rules state you have to show at least 90% of the body, so be careful w that. Don't want you to get an automatic DQ for cutting it off below the knees.

Welcome, and good luck!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #6

Quote Originally Posted by Ksan View Post
    That is a lovely sketch. I like your idea. Please remember, rules state you have to show at least 90% of the body, so be careful w that. Don't want you to get an automatic DQ for cutting it off below the knees.

Welcome, and good luck!
    Ditto, was going to mention that. Walrus also mentioned tying birds with the design. Maybe she controls a horde of birds? I think you can go into exploring some colors more. Don't settle on just this one image. Do several sketches and share. I would to love to see some explored ideas. Nice sketch so far though. It should be a learning experience more than anything. have fun!:thumb:
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #7

Hey guys,
    thank you for comments!

I am hesitating about enlarging the her hands and addig some claws to it. By the way i didn't know that i must have made a picture that showed the 90% of the character. So i must correct my mistake. Later, i would like to add some more bird details, i mean feathers or birds to the background or one bird to the foreground.

I am uploading a new picture at night.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #8

Oh! I like birds. Looks good so far!:thumb:
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #9

I like too ) Thanks
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #10

Knight:
    Clericon: 7
    Welcome to Game Artisans, and to Dominance War Your entry is looking good so far. I am really liking the layout. You left a good quantity of space on top for something interesting. Perhaps flying birds or magic energy of some form, whatever it is, I am sure it's gonna be cool. Also, some ref gathering for jewelery or embroidery of some form might make things interesting, unless you were thinking of tattoos?

Looking forward to your next update
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #11

perhaps angry birds?? jejeje cool concept looking forward for more, I would keep it colorfull check references for weird birds patterns and birds also have sort of scales like reptiles, that would look cool somewhere maybe in the hands and legs, have fun with it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #12

Thanks all!

I have changed some things in the picture. I tried to add some more colours but it wasn't so good idea. I would like to add some colours but not large colours spots. I would like to mark the colours with thin lines like Botticelli did. As you can see I enlarged my picture's size due the rules.

By the way I painted these wings as studies.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #13

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #14

The #12 post is my latest version. I want to make a custom brush (bird-brush) and use it to paint some birdies in the background.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #15

My latest version:

I added some more colours as you suggested me. I started to add more details to the character and made her sit on a feather throne.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #16

Hi there valandil Well first of all i really like the color u used, but you have to be careful with complementary colors though, its quite challenging to bring harmony into these 2 colors and balancing it. Its great that you're using a little back lighting to bring out the character. Just wondering, are you planning any environments for the background?

But theres a minor issue on the pose though, it seems like shes not sitting on a throne, if you wanna to bring out a queen/goddess look, maybe she could sit abit more on the throne, with her legs crossed? To bring out an elegant feel to it, maybe you could also try some interactions between her and her bird minions, since her head is already facing that way, maybe you could add a bird there.

Well, just my 2 cents. So i guess i'lll be waiting for the next update. Good luck and all the best.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #17

This is my progress, can you help me with ideas on her feet? Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #18

Latest phase:

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #19

Hi! Cool design! I feel that her feet connect to her legs in an odd manner.. maybe try slimming the feet down a bit? Also the foreshortening on her left leg doesn't feel right.

Keep going! This is looking sweet
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #20