Thread: BHG Challenge | Centrifuge | Anak kur Safwan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BHG Challenge | Centrifuge | Anak kur Safwan

BHG Challenge | Centrifuge | Anak kur Safwan

Centrifuge has entered the competition!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #1

post the full sized concept, it looks wicked!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #2

dang! i think we have a winner.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #3

Arrow full size thumbnail

here is the larger version of the thumbnail....

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #4

Arrow initial rough sketch

here is anak with more details, still rough at this point...trying to find the best path to go....another one should be posted soon...

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #5

so thats a strong piece
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #6

Its a bit flat, I'l expect a more stronger perspective in the finished piece.

good looking sketch tho, I'l be watching this one
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #7

Arrow bah

still clueless here...lol. time to go back to the thumbs, try to find a good angle and composition, something monstrous and over imposing...but for now this is where Im at with it.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #8

This new direction is really much better. The twist in his pose, and the one arm sword look really cool. Not sure what is going on with the arm in front of the guy though?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #9

Arrow ...update...

just changing some things around. tweaked the arm a bit and the scale guy as well...

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #10

Knight:
    Clericon: 7
    It gets better and better. the correction of the small guy's position was an enhancement and showing the giant in full is better too. What are you planning for in the background?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #11

Wow...nice progress
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #12

Actually, I think the last one could be made into a much stronger comp with a few tweaks. The fact that the guy has to climb halfway up a mountain to be on the same level as your creature really pushes that sense of scale. It does get a little confusing with the guy right ontop of the creature's arm, but if you move the creature over to the right and darken the foreground, it shouldn't be a problem. Either way, it's looking good so far.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #13

Awesome, looking good yo. From the look of this, it looks like there is some sort of shaped flow from the little sword to the big sword, maybe you can make some clouds flow the same directions as the swords and with the mountains, or some cool looking trees. Looking good sir, keep going.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #14

Arrow crunch time

wow, time is short! and I have to work!! man...ok so, here I am thinking I only have a little bit of time to finish...why not start over...brilliant. lol. but alas, I must get something going. here are some thumbs I did while sitting at starbucks on my lunch break...if you cant make them out im sorry, lol, hazards of using a gel pen. the two humanoids are just ideas for the scale guy, lol.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #15

Arrow what am I doing?

ok here is something I came up with, just started it as a means to loosen up before I painted some composition thumbs, but it turned into this 45min later so...just posting it for kicks...might take it some where tho....some kind of aquatic beast roaming the trenches of the unexplored oceans

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #16

tss you did a coffee shop doodle and its not even done on a paper napkin.. I am dissapointed !

The top right one is my favorite.. the big sholders short nek and the horny attatchments around the head give it a threathning look, like he is charged with rage and can unleash it any sec. the breaking up of the ground or cracked rocks on the floor help sell that idea very well. Pull the human character forward, desaturate and decontrast the giant a bit compared to the human and keep this angle and i think you are able to give him alot more scale without changing to mutch.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #17

I am glad to see that you have some thumbs before you commit to anything. Those thumbs are looking sweet dude! Hope to see you finish in time! XD
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #18

Really cool work. The 45 minute test looks great. Looks like he is searching for someone. It would be interesting if you put a man hiding behind a rock in the foreground.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #19

Arrow slight progress

ok, here is just a minor tweaking to the test paint. Im at work so I cant exactly do much with a mouse and the cpus dont have wacom drivers...grrr!, but I got several new thumbs that Ill post soon as I scan em tonight, ill probably paint em too, we'll see....neway, I just painted over a few areas, tried to make it look a bit less metallic...
    Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #20