Thread: Special Mini - Aftermath!

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Knight: 1
    Here the final version of my entry. Good luck to everyone else lots of awesome work here .
    Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #321

Knight:
    Good jobs everyone.

@Suki - I like the colors of your final piece.

@Peet
    - I would probably stick it in concept since it's 2.5D, and not fully 3d.

@Vertizen
    - I like the armor on your boar, and his double eyes.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #322

3. Z3D
    turbo yeah man! Thanks sou much!

Ok guys is OVERTIME!

finished this big screen and found time for some chairs

Now I'm killing the lights in Unity ,forward will be the final shots!

pick your popcorn to watch:lol:
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #323

workin super hard to get mine done in time, seeing some sweet entries out there!

Vertizen: Looks real nice man, i look the pose and feel of the injured shot.

sunsmasher: yours turned out really nicely, good work.

peet: i like how yours looks, but i'm not sure what category it is. My guess would be concept, as i couldn't call it full 3d.

Z3d. Looking pretty cool, im looking forward to seeing it all put together into one piece
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #324

many entry is coming! I'm waiting final entry page's opening!

@Z3D Good sense of your pop-corn I'll waiting your final assembled shot!!

@Vertizen Good motive! I love monster-Boar-Creature! awesome detail. good job!

@PEET? Hey. your work is interesting always. keep your style!

@BG-General Congratulation your final! good job:thumb:

@Edie Leonhart I'll waiting final entry pages opening:thumb:

@turbo Cool texture works! His mechanic-Arm is good! I remember space marine from
    "Alien vs Predator (Capcom's Arcade ver.)"

@Suki I love your Character. she is really cool.

@sun_smasher Good job, Dude. good lighting and texture. it's as good as real Game scene:thumb:
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #325

6. Z3D
    Wow!

Just say , I'm very happy with results , thanks very much everyone!

That's what I have -

Final Entry

Unity Web Player (I really wanna feedback )

Again thanks everyone and good luck!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #326

Knight: 1
    Thanks coldstrokes, pratikah, sunsmasher :thumb: .

Z3d: Good job grats on finishing.

Peet: That's really hilarious .

BG General: I like the glowing effect and character design.

Good luck to everyone else who is still finishing up.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #327

Location: Chicago, IL - USA (willing to relocate or work remote)
    Trying to get my toxic amphibian sculpt in. Sorry if I don't make it on time. Joined late on this one.
    Even if I don't, I'd still like to comment on some if I don't get to all:

@coldstrokes awesome idea and supberb concept art skills!

@sun_smasher beautiful final collapsed church piece! the flower is a nice touch. narrative scene! love it!

@vertizen good job getting your second piece with the armored boar!

@edie leonhart eerie & spooky sci-fi disease control station.

@pratikah can't wait to see your damaged armored chick girl thrown to the ground with her last attempts with her sniper rifle.

@peet sweet cartoony style and painting. although it has a touch of all three, I think it definitely fits mainly into the concept category in 2d (2.5d). if you were to rotate it around 360 in 3d space, it wouldn't have true 3d depth dimensions with mostly flat planes. although...the plane mesh idea is pretty efficient and slick with the parallax effect. nice job!

@bg-general very detailed armor on female warrior!

@imajus love the apocalyptic looking old house.

@detto hot grunge dude ready to put himself out with the fire extinguisher!

@joymepls nice armor shapes and detail on the trooper with no arms!

@fredmarquez nice borderlands inspired gas station!

@suki apocalpytic injured female looks like she's been through alot! nice attention to detail!

@z3d interesting movie theatre destruction piece. nice touch of allowing us to check out piece real-time in unity3d web player.

GOOD JOB TO EVERYONE!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #328

Knight: 3
    Scribe:
    whew! finally submitted and only and hour and a half late!

good job everyone I cant wait to see all of the finished pieces.

heres my final image.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #329

Great work everyone! Congrats to those who finished! :thumb:
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #330

Thx guys and congrats everyone for finished this contest.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #331

Here's my beauty shot:

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #332

Knight:
    I'm going to wait a bit to vote to give some time to the stragglers, but when I do want to vote where do we do that at?

also, @Imajus I like the final product. The colors are very setting.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #333

Edie Leonhart: Wow! That's a very impressive beauty shot! The blues and reds complement each other very nicely. I did notice something though: the shadoew look a bit jagged in places. Try using a mental ray area spot light for your next beauty shot, you can achieve some very clever shadow effects with those.

Panthus: Looking very good! The the points where the edges of the socks and pants stop and the skin begins looks like a texture job in some places though. I think devoting a few more polygons to that sort of thing to make the pants and the body look less like one object would really help the realism. Also, I keep thinking that there should be a wound on his right leg where the hole in his pants are...

Joymepls: The detail on the marine's torso and wrists is cool, I haven't seen that before. Still, I think he could use a something more to make him stand out from other space marine models.

Imajus: Looks really good! You captured the scene at a really good angle too. I might have broken up the house itself a bit more, exposed the framework in the roof... It also looks like it could use a vertical support beam under the corner of the roof closest to the camera. Otherwise, very well done!

Detto: looking very good! A thought -- I think his hair could use some work. It looks too squared off, too neat. Hair rarely grows to that length while holding that kind of symmetry, and it definitely doesn't fit with all the damage his clothes have taken. I really like the burning effects on him, I haven't seen enough fire implemented in this challenge!

coldstrokes: Brilliant work! You stayed true to the idea from start to finish, and that change in background is exactly what the piece needed to round it off perfectly! I honestly can't think of anything else that could be done to improve it!

sun_smasher: Lol, thanks for waiting for me! I understand the setup with the flower now, thanks for explaining it.

Vertizen, Suki: Very cool! I don't think I saw too many posts or updates from you guys before... would have been nice to see your work progression. Still, either of those entries could win this competition!

BG-General: No problem. She looks spectacular! The backlighting is a nice touch too.

PEET?: 2.5D huh? Looks like a sure method to bring the concept straight into the scene!

Z3D: Hmmm. Not bad! Could probably have used a bit more framework around the doors, they're sorta just... there! You know?

turbo: That is awesome! "Watch out, he's armed!" lol Very dynamic pose!

Ok, so it took me a while to finally get everything uploaded (first submission to a contest and every interruption under the sun this afternoon) but it's here! This contest was a lot of fun!

Beauty shot

Click here for the rest of my entry. (Or here if that link didn't work...?)

Good luck everyone! Hope you all got as much out of this as I did!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #334

good work everyone, finally got mine finished. had to rush a bit due to poor time management, but it's at a point i like, so here we go.

My final is over here: http://www.gameartisans.org/contests/minis/finals_mini3d_4910.html
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #335

Knight:
    Clericon: 7
    Congrats to everyone who finished. Some really cool things were shown here:thumb:
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #336

Location: Chicago, IL - USA (willing to relocate or work remote)
    @pratikah OMG! That's one HOT Aftermath....literally! Worth the wait. Love your stylized painterly textures! The armor textures have a cool look! Good job!

Props:thumb: to the artists that started from concept to reality and the hardwork that came with it. Congrats on all the completions! Great job everyone!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #337

Here's what I submitted. Kind of wish I had more time and energy to work on it this past month; probably going to finish a low rez and texture later on. Excellent work everyone!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #338

hello everyone and GJ for those who completed the mission. This is my current progress. I think i need two more days to finish it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #339

GJ guys!

Late finish for me. Didn't turn out the way I had hoped and I lost interest in it, but finished it off at least.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #340