Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini Challenge #15 - SDK Battle

Knight: 1 1 7
    War General:
    applied normal maps.. I realized the date and had cut my sculpting a bit short. I'll do any other normal map changes in either pshop or a bit of baking in max. Time to get onto the diffuse.
    Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #201

wow Supa, that's turning out nice! maybe add the white color you added near the hooves on som other places aswell? (for instance the goatie) just to get some more of the same surfaces. looks really good.

RThomson: coming out nicely! loving the way you gave volume to the pecs. not really colorfull though .

Walrus: wow! loving how this turned out! only crit i could come up with is that he's wearing extremely silly underwear. everything is all really cool, leather/steel hard armor and then he's got this thin cotton underpants? :P. keep it up!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #202

Knight:
    Scribe: 5
    That's a good call, Japhir! It ended up looking lighter in 3D than it felt in the PSD file, but I fixed that up. Thanks for the note and suggestion.

Since then, I've also finished off all of the metal bits by adding some reflected light (i.e. the belt buckle reflects the color of the leg.) I've come up with a solution to the beard that I'm happy with by adding some red into it. And I thought the skin was looking too plain and smooth so I added a very subtle spot pattern to the upper torso and arms. I think it breaks it all up nicely without calling too much attention to itself. See what you all think...

I'll let it sit for a day or so to see if anyone else has any good ideas, but if not, I think it's finished.
    Cheers!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #203

Almost done with this. Not the best entry or texture work but I like it.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #204

AWESOME job guys !! There are so many entries I like !

here's a update on the texturing. I went for something classic but hey, I'm busy with alot of other stuff right now

//edit : let me know if it's TOO flashy. I'm woking on a OLD CRT which is darker than any LCD, so it could be a bit too much
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #205

hereīs another update, try to play with the hair like walrus mentioned. Thx to Slaughter for this wonderful sdk.
    Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #206

Aftermath - Don's already said in the previous page that support maps can be no larger than 512. sorry dude!

Japhir - Thanks man! I could have sworn green was a colour though :P where do you think could do with more colour? I can't think of a skin colour that would work with the green crystal. I'm interested now.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #207

just wanted to say great work to everyone!

some really nice and inspiring work :thumb:
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #208

Walrus, looking good. Perhaps add a black/green pupil to the iris. Could be interesting? Just a little touch of another colour to break up the brown and orange..:thumb:
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #209

Quote Originally Posted by RThomson View Post
    Japhir - Thanks man! I could have sworn green was a colour though :P where do you think could do with more colour? I can't think of a skin colour that would work with the green crystal. I'm interested now.
    the gray color is nice, it's just that it could have some colors in the shadows so the shadows aren't just made up of the same color only darker, but have some variation to them. Just like you wouldn't paint a human with only 3 colors (dark, mid and high) but with even dark purples and blues etc. to make it pop more.
    I hope you understand what i mean .
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #210

Deadline for the comp still set for the 28th, just checking since it said "soft deadline?" Wasn't sure if that ment its padded a day or two.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #211

Guntharf: i would maybe tone down the heated red horns a little bit maybe add some orange and yellow highlights to simulate the heated ironish feeling your trying to achive. Top Notch work thou man, keep it up def my favorite entry thus far.

RThomson: If i offended you earlier im sorry thats not how i wanted it to read, Yea im going to have my work cut out for me in a 512 texture size for the normals. Should be interesting.

Draxxuss: Yea, i realized how open my commment was after i wrote it out. But i just let it ride out without editing it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #212

Bard:
    Knight: 5
    so, here an update.
    i think im finished:

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #213

the gray color is nice, it's just that it could have some colors in the shadows so the shadows aren't just made up of the same color only darker, but have some variation to them. Just like you wouldn't paint a human with only 3 colors (dark, mid and high) but with even dark purples and blues etc. to make it pop more.
    I hope you understand what i mean .
    ah, I get you. yeah, it would look look cool to have some thin, stretched skin around the muscles and joints with purply veins and yellowy tones showing through, thanks man.

Aftermath - erm, you didn't offend me. I can't see what I would have been offended by, I don't think any of what you said read the wrong way. Anyhow, I'm a big boy. Insult me if you like. :thumb:
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #214

Walrus, nice anatomy, heavy and tight, most of all love the leathal and belt straps, yummy, of course the horns a welldone too. LOVE IT!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #215

thx Aftermath ! I update the previous image with darker red and the "end" of the tururing. I'm calling him "almost done". I will see if I can tweak the texture a bit for the final image.

awesome job everyone !
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #216

Walrus and Renaud: My head just exploded :P Those are wicked!

Walrus, my only crit is the abs are a little crazy looking, maybe tone down the shadows just a bit on them?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #217

Hi Guys,
    this is my first post here. I do 3D stuff for 1 1/2 years now and Texturing is still hard for me. So this Challenge is a great practice.
    Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #218

Knight:
    Scribe: 5
    Gunthartf - That's looking really nice. Love the red horns (and I visited your site - you've got some amazing sculpts!) The one comment I might add (even though he's almost done) is that the armor and the skin are both of a really similar hue and value, making them hard to seep separate, visually. Making the armor darker against a lighter skin (or vise versa) might help it read more clearly.

Cold - Thanks so much! I found a great site where a photographer had a lot of shots of a giant ram and they were a great resource. But anyhow, I just went back through the thread and realized which entry was yours: Really amazing work! The blue glows, and the wrinkles, and the textures on the horns are all just incredible. So coming from you, that's a huge compliment... Thanks!

Amethyst - Could your user name have anything to do with your suggestion that I add more green into my map? :lol: Anyhow, it was a great idea. I had to do some remapping of the eyeball, but now he's got green eyes and has even more personality because of it. Thanks for the suggestion!

DeSiGnBrEaKeR - I think those hair transitions on the chest are looking really nice now. Glad that suggestion was useful!

Hobodactyl - Thanks, glad you like it! Good suggestion on the abs, I'll work on them. Thank you for the suggestion.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #219

hereīs my final entry so far, donīt know if iīm able to spend some time tomorrow.
    Thanks for this comp That Don and Slaughter. It really helped me to improve my texturing skills.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #220

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast