Warning: include(control/forum_plugins_v2/gaThread-Banner.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/showthread.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 70

Warning: include(control/forum_plugins_v2/gaThread-Banner.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/showthread.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 70

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'control/forum_plugins_v2/gaThread-Banner.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in [path]/showthread.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 70
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini Challenge #15 - SDK Battle
Warning: include(control/forum_plugins/gaSurvival-Clock.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/showthread.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 65

Warning: include(control/forum_plugins/gaSurvival-Clock.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/showthread.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 65

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'control/forum_plugins/gaSurvival-Clock.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in [path]/showthread.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 65

Warning: include(control/forum_plugins/gaPostbit-Awards.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(284) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: include(control/forum_plugins/gaPostbit-Awards.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(284) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'control/forum_plugins/gaPostbit-Awards.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(284) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: include(control/forum_plugins/gaPostbit-Portfolios.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(284) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: include(control/forum_plugins/gaPostbit-Portfolios.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(284) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'control/forum_plugins/gaPostbit-Portfolios.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(284) : eval()'d code on line 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Deto View Post
    Hmm, he does not have bottom of the hooves? Very nice model otherwise though... and good topic, I seriously need texture practice and between SplashDamage arttest and my current character project, its nice spot to do this
    Feel Free to cap those if you need too. I will upload a capped version and replace the current one.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor5399 View Post
    + .25 points towards raising your overal game, elite, and/or master rating on gameartisans

See bottom http://www.gameartisans.org/forums/showthread.php?t=306
    Fixed Totally missed this one, My mistake, I have been very busy with my own Comicon Entry lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon14 View Post
    what does optional bonus maps mean? meaning any number of 512x512 normal/spec/glow/occlusion/whatever? Sorry, bit noobie to this!
    You got it, all maps are ok, But fair warning the SDK isn't really made for normal mapping(Tons of overlapped UV's)

Quote Originally Posted by Satya View Post
    Same question. How far do you want us to go?
    This comp is all about texturing, so spend 90% of your time on your diffuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Japhir View Post
    ah great! and you chose an amazing model by our SDK hero slaught .
    can't wait for this.
    *opens max*
    Actually Japhir he created this SDK just for this comp, so ENJOY
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #21

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'control/forum_plugins/gaPostbit-Awards.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(284) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'control/forum_plugins/gaPostbit-Portfolios.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(284) : eval()'d code on line 7
    I'm in ...
    This is my first mini challenge, so I'll do my best ! :inocent:
    First texturing pass !
    Just color and shadow !

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #22

little update

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #23

Still a bit blobby and stuff, but whatever.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #24

Now this should be a great way to hone my texturing skills. Very cool challenge, and it's already wrapped so saves time. Think I'll focus mainly on colour maps and leave out normals unless I feel like rearranging the UVs.

I must enter!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #25

i will participate for sure!! this will be my first challenge here
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #26

yay, i finally have time to enter a contest!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #27

Sweeet

I think I might have to get aboard this train.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #28

That's looking sweet, Swizzle
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #29

my normal map so far... the guy who took the red, read my mind, wish I had started and posted mine earlier, now I would just look like im copying so i need to find something else..

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #30

I obviously haven't even touched the armor bits yet. Anything you can't see on the model, like his back, basically looks all blobbish like his arm. I think I'm going to need to start getting a little more daring with the values.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #31

Kinda messy, still playing around, is my version so far:

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #32

Quote Originally Posted by Vrav View Post
    Kinda messy, still playing around, is my version so far:

Lionking ftw
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #33

wow this should be cool. Im total newb when it comes to texturing (amongst other things)

so great practice

going for like a space/sci-fi look.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #34

laying on some color... got the preliminary colors down aside from the horns

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #35

can we change the geo if we don't change the silhouette? I would like to make this a usable Zbrush model...well, more so than it is.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #36

Quote Originally Posted by goast666 View Post
    can we change the geo if we don't change the silhouette? I would like to make this a usable Zbrush model...well, more so than it is.
    That's fine, just as long as the final model is the one provided, I dont care what you do to the model to get your normals.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #37

octopus-head-goat-legged-cthulu-spawn?

I did enlarge the eyes and alter their Uv's just a little, but if thats a big no-no I can put it back to the original.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #38

here's my stuffs

pretty beneric but atleast I can try out some new techniques :thumb:

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #39

awww man i'd so be in on this if i knew how to actually unwrap!

Don I think you would feel my pain on this, since I had a certain 3D teacher I know you aren't too fond of trying to teach me this. It was VERY confusing. I'll have to learn tho, this looks like a fun comp =).
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #40