Warning: include(control/forum_plugins_v2/gaThread-Banner.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/showthread.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 70

Warning: include(control/forum_plugins_v2/gaThread-Banner.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/showthread.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 70

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'control/forum_plugins_v2/gaThread-Banner.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in [path]/showthread.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 70
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New tutorial! Workflow
Warning: include(control/forum_plugins/gaSurvival-Clock.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/showthread.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 65

Warning: include(control/forum_plugins/gaSurvival-Clock.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/showthread.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 65

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'control/forum_plugins/gaSurvival-Clock.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in [path]/showthread.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 65

Warning: include(control/forum_plugins/gaPostbit-Awards.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(284) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: include(control/forum_plugins/gaPostbit-Awards.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(284) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'control/forum_plugins/gaPostbit-Awards.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(284) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: include(control/forum_plugins/gaPostbit-Portfolios.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(284) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: include(control/forum_plugins/gaPostbit-Portfolios.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(284) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'control/forum_plugins/gaPostbit-Portfolios.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(284) : eval()'d code on line 7

New tutorial! Workflow

http://www.poopinmymouth.com/tutorial/workflow.htm

The programs, tools, scripts, plugins and hotkeys I use for 3d assets. I will be updating this as I remember things forgotten, or add to my workflow.

If there is something you are pretty sure I've forgotten, let me know. I'm not deep enough yet into mudbox or zbrush to add that yet, but will eventually.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #1

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'control/forum_plugins/gaPostbit-Awards.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(284) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'control/forum_plugins/gaPostbit-Portfolios.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(284) : eval()'d code on line 7
    Thanks a bunch for laying it out.

Sometimes you have so much information its hard to remember everything that you say. lol
    This is very helpful
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #2

I haven't had a chance to read through all of that yet, Ben, but there's some real gold in there. Just knowing Chuggnut's tools work with my latest version of Max makes my day! Thanks for disspelling his disinformation!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #3

some really nice info in there. i love your other tutorials as well, they've helped a lot

lol, i never knew about the modifier buttons... funny how you can use a program for so long and never realize there's a hidden gem hiding somewhere...

thanks!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #4

Quote Originally Posted by segreto View Post
    some really nice info in there. i love your other tutorials as well, they've helped a lot

lol, i never knew about the modifier buttons... funny how you can use a program for so long and never realize there's a hidden gem hiding somewhere...

thanks!
    For real, I never knew about the actions in PS. I'm definitely gonna like using those for tedious tasks. Also, this has gotten me interested in Crazy Bump, PS NV filter just doesn't cut it for me.

Thanks~
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #5

cheers for the workflow details ben - helps a great deal..

when ya gonna post more snow bunnnies!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #6

7. bin

thx a bunch poop!!
    never knew there's PSD path unwrapper script before..
    it really helps me alot
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #7

Quote Originally Posted by poopinmymouth View Post
    As a side note. DO NOT PIRATE THIS SOFTWARE. Ryan (the author) is a very talented individual who made this himself. He is not a corporation with millions of forms of revenue. This is his main form of income, and he works on improving it constantly. If you find it useful, pay for it. It's cheap and can save tons of time in your work flow.
    I'm glad you gave Ryan his due and included the disclaimer.:thumb:
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #8

I laughed my ass off when i saw you put what style ui colors you used as the first order of biz, thats classic and for sure dark is the best. About crazy bump i agree it is a bad ass application and people should buy it. Ryan must of one either had some really funky code or some really good code because as it sits crazy bump hasnt been cracked by the pirates.

Eclura: read Ben's normal map tutorial on how to make and clean up normal maps in photoshop it will help you use the nvidia plugin a little better.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #9

Great stuff as always poop. Thanks for posting this up.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #10

thank you for sharing
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #11

I could never get that psdpathunwrapper script to work.. I get it to export a psd file, but there's no paths in it . Anyone have any clues?

EDIT: whoops, you have to select the paths in the paths tab to make them show up in photoshop! Stupid me =)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #12

Ben - As you're using Max'09, do you have any recommendations for installing Chuggnutt's Unwrap Tools? The instructions on his site are for older versions of Max when there was still a UI folder. In my Max'09 (32-bit) that folder doesn't seem to exist, and I don't see another that looks like a likely candidate. You obviously got it working, so any suggestions? Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #13

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Ben - As you're using Max'09, do you have any recommendations for installing Chuggnutt's Unwrap Tools? The instructions on his site are for older versions of Max when there was still a UI folder. In my Max'09 (32-bit) that folder doesn't seem to exist, and I don't see another that looks like a likely candidate. You obviously got it working, so any suggestions? Thanks!
    Walrus.

I got 09 and I got it to work by just downloading the file to a random folder in my computer. then when I'm in Max go to Run script and then find the file manually.

It doesn't seem to matter where you save it just as long as it exists for you to go into max and run the script.

Hope this helps man :think:
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #14

Actually, I didn't even need to do that: For whatever reason, when I installed Max09, it installed two Autodesk folders: one in program files and the other in my C:\ drive. In previous versions I'm use to the C: one being the only one, but I couldn't find a UI folder there. Once I found the other folder, no prob finding the right place to put Unwrap tools, which I've missed using.

I'm still having trouble getting the PSD Pasth Unwrapper to work, though: No matter where I put the required RPMdlx.dlx, i still get an error message saying it can't be found when I try to run the Path Unwrapper. The plug-in manager just never seems to see it. Hmmm. Anyone have any ideas?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #15

i'm going to have to try and install the psd path unwrapper. sounds nifty. I'll let you know if I run into any problems walrus
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #16

So Segreto or Ben or anyone... Any luck/advice on the installation of the RPMdlx.dlx to get the PSD Path Unwrapper working. (I even wrote to the folks who make it, but no response.) Any help anyone could offer would be most appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #17

nice writeup! haha i didn't even know about the modifier buttons, should be usefull!
    psd pathunwrapper is a blessing, i've been using it for a year or so now and i love it!

oh, and you forgot to put texporter in there (or isn't it necessary anymore in 2009?)

IMO chugnutt's UV tools aren't necessary. I use two scripts by Mop to make the selected verts perfectly horizontal/vertical (assigned to numpad 0 and numpad 1), and other than that chugnuts just takes up a lot of space. (oh, and somehow it screwed up the thumbnail images for me).

thanks again, your old video tutorials where the ones that got me to using 3ds max and learning da shit! you da man .
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #18

We should make a sticky of tools people use and add to a growing list with links at the top. There's tons out there that not everyone knows about.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #19

Japhir, max 2009 exports uv templates, but with psdpathunwrapper, I haven't used texporter in years.

I use more than just the align tools in Chuggnuts. I use space evenly, and I like that there are buttons for rotate 45,90, and 180 degrees both left and right, as well as both mirror buttons (horizontal and vertical) easily placed. The freeze, and hide UVs is nice too.

Lamont, one reason I made this tutorial is that I realized I had explained or mentioned almost all of these over the course of my other tutorials, but you'd have to have watched or read every single one of them, with perfect retention. So a compilation list was a good idea for me, prompted by my last workshop in Leicester.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #20