Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dominance War IV 3D Skue352/ The Fallen

Rant

I see a lot of the same stuff this year and a lot of things that just are lacking in an original thought. or at the very least a little research on what this is. funny really i thought this competition was to be exciting and inspirational. come on guys lets see something other than big orc like creatures. :uhh: Wat-Cha!!!

latest update
    Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #21

for the fans, yeah! Wat-Cha!!!!
    Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #22

cloth,

I have just started the cloth and i hope this will go over well. wha-Cha!
    Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #23

getting there :uhh:
    Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #24

I love where this is headed. The character is original and exciting, and the design of it is coming together nicely. I noticed you are focusing most of your attention on the objects surrounding the character and not as much on the character itself. Don't fall into the pitfall where his equipment will draw more attention than the subject himself. Keep up the good work.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #25

this is looking great!

maybe just adding some little torn up clothes hanging on the character will give more dramatic or impact on the character. I donno~ just saying, heh3.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #26

I love the direction you are going with this. It is one of the most creative designs I have came across yet. If I might point out a couple small issues I've found... It would be nice to see the ribs opened up a bit more as they seem unnaturally pinched. This would give you some unique opportunities for some "inner" workings and ultimately push the feeling of death and resurrection. I would go ahead and bring the hand off the cross as well. I think that this piece (unlike most) can actually gain strength off of relative symmetry. Also, I personally like the idea of a sword as a weapon just because it makes more sense if hes a fallen angel. Angels don't use spears (last time I checked). Anyhow, that's all I've got for now, great start and I look forward to seeing the progress!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #27

color Comp

here are my colors Wat-Cha!!!! :thumb: i have a few ideas about the halo and some of the other parts of this concept but this is just a first pass on what i plain on doing.
    Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #28

That color scheme is looking aweosme!! hope to see more updates!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #29

Could I please get someone to comment on my work!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #30

Beautifull.. emm I mean Wicked!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #31

thank you all for the comments, I feel much better about this since i started. concerting through Zbrush has helped out my design proses a lot. Wat-Cha!!! :uhh:
    Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #32

Nice update, it's coming together. idk about the colors yet, seems kinda vivid ;p
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #33

scary... nice one you got the. but the color saturation are too high, imo...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #34

This is coming along very nice man. The changes to the torso are all solid improvements. The head/halo/cloth also feel very good at this point as well. I would rework the wing attachment points to look more like they are connected to his back (right now they feel like separate pieces). I would address the 'ball in socket' region of the hips as well and make them more anatomically recognizable. Also, it would be nice to see some more detail in the arms (possibly the exposure of the ulna and radius?).. Great update man, its turning out to severely cool.

Also... I agree with everyone on the colors. Too saturated.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #35

Really liking the direction of you took. Your original mesh looked unbalanced but this is looking sweet. I would suggest a spinal cord and a broken pelvis for his lower half. It give it something more interesting to look at rather then a loin-cloth.

Just my two bits
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #36

color comp

thanks guys, just so you know the colored image is a color comp. i was simply testing colors, they are not finalized in anyway. so don't get to upset that i might ruin this project with heavy handed colors. the color comp. is only a rough plain for what i would like to do.

Cheers
    Eric :thumb:
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #37

I agree that the tattered cloth works well with the over all decayed look of him in general. I think one of the most inventive things I saw was the whole not even having a lower body, just some remnants of that with a long strip dangling.

A suggestion is that when you do go to nail his hand to the cross, remember IF you are going for correctness, Romans crucified victims through the wrist joints between the wrist bone/ulna-radius, NOT through the palm as many depict. It might be cool to exaggerate that too with a really huge spike just tearing the flesh to the point of almost separating the wrist and arm entirely, where the spike now is the only thing mostly connecting the two.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #38

color comp 2

OK so the Color Comp is a little further along and i really need to start working out the wings. I really hope you all like what i am putting together here.
    Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #39

Overall I like the red and yellow/brown tones, however I feel as though the green and blue hues are detracting. They don't help to push the overall feeling of the model forward. If you want green/blue in the model perhaps put those colors in the lights but not in the texture. Pushing the burnt and crispy look will really sell this model as a tormented fallen angel.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #40