Warning: include(control/forum_plugins_v2/gaThread-Banner.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/showthread.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 70

Warning: include(control/forum_plugins_v2/gaThread-Banner.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/showthread.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 70

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'control/forum_plugins_v2/gaThread-Banner.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in [path]/showthread.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 70

Thread: Tech Folks Introductions
Warning: include(control/forum_plugins/gaSurvival-Clock.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/showthread.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 65

Warning: include(control/forum_plugins/gaSurvival-Clock.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/showthread.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 65

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'control/forum_plugins/gaSurvival-Clock.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in [path]/showthread.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 65

Warning: include(control/forum_plugins/gaPostbit-Awards.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(284) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: include(control/forum_plugins/gaPostbit-Awards.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(284) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'control/forum_plugins/gaPostbit-Awards.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(284) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: include(control/forum_plugins/gaPostbit-Portfolios.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(284) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: include(control/forum_plugins/gaPostbit-Portfolios.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(284) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'control/forum_plugins/gaPostbit-Portfolios.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(284) : eval()'d code on line 7

Tech Folks Introductions

Hey people, I'd like to have this for introductions for people who are into or want to get into scripting. So just say what languages you script/program in and we can go from there.

Me first:

I am a casual scripter, so Mel (pretty good), LScript (novice), some PHP (novice) and ActionScript (newb). I started Python a few months ago, but haven't made the plunge to move all my scripts to that format. MaxScript is something I can get into if I had the reason to. Most of the scripts I make are along the lines of solving some issue with a pipeline, or enhancing something that was already made.

So if anyone has questions about Mel, give me a buzz and I'll try my best to help.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #1

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'control/forum_plugins/gaPostbit-Awards.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(284) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'control/forum_plugins/gaPostbit-Portfolios.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(284) : eval()'d code on line 7
    A bit late to the party, but hey.

I'm a Javascripter at heart. I use it on a daily basis and it's a much overlooked -and effin' powerfull- language.
    Our engine runs on a standalone Javascript version of the mozilla engine, and it's pretty fast.
    The engine I use at home (Unity3D) runs on an altered type-sensitive/OOP native Javascript engine (near C++/C# performance), so I'm quite happy in my Javascript setup.

I've been looking into C# more and more because of potential XNA projects and better Unity oppertunities, and I'm liking it.

I also had a bit of short experience with HScript (Houdini Script) which I liked, I ought to pick that up again.

Python seems to be the new standard, but I couldn't be bothered with indent sensitive languages, as indent-sensitive seems very counter-productive. The last thing I want to be doing is debugging for missed indents...
    I'm sure python has it's merits though, it didn't became the new standard without a reason.

I had my share of Perl/PHP development in my webdevving days, but I bet I forgot the bigger share of the syntax by now.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #2

Hi I'm even later than the last guy,

I have some knowledge about Video Encoding, learning this hobby definitely takes some getting used to, its much like coding or scripting if you want to get all technical with it and are hard up about quality, which I am I guess...

I also have some knowledge about web design but I am sure what I know is old news as I only wanted enough knowledge to put up a website and design it how I'd like.

Does this count I don't know but this thread has been dead for some time and I thought it needed a little pick me up.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #3

hello fellow artisans,
    I am no coder, but I have a vast exp in game industry.
    feel free to contact me with problems regarding:
    * animation
    * dynamics
    * rigging
    * shading
    * particles
    * texture issues
    * any sort of complex tech art task
    * 3ds max
    * unreal 3 engine
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #4

I would love to get into javascript and HLSL. I know a wee bit of Javascript, but HLSL seems a bit foreign every time I look at it.
    Tech things I like to do are rig, help people get the most out of the programs they're using, and most things UDK related (except particles, for now.)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #5

Hi I'm even later than the last guy,

I have some knowledge about Video Encoding, learning this hobby definitely takes some getting used to, its much like coding or scripting if you want to get all technical with it and are hard up about quality, which I am I guess...

I also have some knowledge about web design but I am sure what I know is old news as I only wanted enough knowledge to put up a website and design it how I'd like.

Does this count I don't know but this thread has been dead for some time and I thought it needed a little pick me up.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #6

Html/ Css/ Some J Script/ New With Php/ So So With Action Script Can Do Enough To Navigate Buttons And Create A Gallery
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote #7